NOT THE END OF THE LINE !
A Court Appeal Next Step for CapX2020
On July 12, 2012, the Wisconsin Public Service Commission (PSC) rejected the 14 Petitions for Rehearing. But, this is not the end of the line.
We’ve prepared a summary of the legal issues click for details.
The public deserves answers and accountability about transmissions lines that will degrade grade property values, tourism and our quality of life. Need, cost and reliability issues must be resolved and truthfully analyzed. The PSC should take into account other adverse impacts of the line including instability of electricity, increased susceptibility to natural disasters and terrorist attacks due to a highly interconnected grid and carbon cost issues.
Countless people who testified in the hearings feel their voices, requests and concerns were not heard. A rehearing, denied by the PSC, would have given the PSC the chance to assure the public that due process was followed and that electrical needs drive decisions and not the wants of special interest groups.
Our goal is to file a legal challenge, but to do so we need to raise $15,000 and require $7,000 in hand by August 13 to get this appeal filed. We ask citizens and communities who share our concerns to unite to help fund a legal challenge and keep pushing until the PSC and CapX2020 applicants follow the law.
A Petition for Judicial Review (Appeal) is the next step in the process. It means asking the courts to review the facts to determine if they support the decision. We continue to believe they do not.
Donate to CETF to help fund legal expenses and education initiatives. If 300 people each donated $50, we’d have enough to move forward with the appeal. 1,000 people giving $15 or 150 people donating $100 also works. Please…give what you can…and share this with friends, neighbors and associates.
For tax deduction: Make check payable to: MRR/CETF Fund
Help CETF with public education and legal expenses!
- By check to:
Citzens Energy Task Force
PO Box 3571
La Crosse, WI 54602-3571
- Or, make your donation tax-deductible by running it through our partner:
Mississippi River Revival/CETF Fund
P. O. Box 3571, La Crosse, WI 54602
- Donations are accepted from CETF members and will be distributed to current Public Education and/or Legal Initiatives as determined by CETF Steering Committee.
- By check to:
- Spread the word! The CapX2020 project affects everyone who lives in the path of the proposed powerlines. Here are some helpful documents you can print and share with anyone you know who may be interested.
- Call and email your state and federal legislators to let them know your concerns about CapX2020.
- Watch this space for more opportunities.